Effective Date: 01/08/2015
This Website Privacy Notice describes how Amway GmbH, Benzstrasse 11 b-c, D-82178 Puchheim (hereinafter “Amway”) uses personal data collected or received from visitors (“Visitors”) of this website (the “Website”). It describes how we may collect or receive your personal data, the types of personal data we may collect, how we use, share and protect these data, how long we retain these data your rights, and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
How We May Collect or Receive Personal Data from you
Amway may collect or receive your personal data from you through your use of the Website in various ways.
You may choose to submit your personal data and other information to us through various communication channels provided on the “Contact Us” webpage of the Website, for example, Amway e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or online forms.
- The following cookie is essential for our website to function:
Cart-content (Content in the shopping cart)
This cookie stores cart details for visitors
- The following cookies are not essential for our website to function and are generally used to provide, maintain and improve our services. We do not set any of these cookies without your consent.
This cookie remembers the default language for the user
This cookie marks that the user has already filled a poll
This cookie marks that the user has already filled a questionnaire
This cookie remembers the user's country preference
This cookie stores the default settings for the user profile
This cookie stores the default settings for the user attributes
This cookie stores the default settings for the user profile and the user attributes
This cookie keeps the technical session tracked
This cookie keeps the technical session tracked
Google Analytics, Coremetrics, Omniture, Tealeaf
These cookies are used in order to collect the information about the visitors' use of our website. All data collected via these cookies is anonymous and not user specific. Information includes the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come from and which pages they have viewed.
The Types of Personal Data We May Collect
Through the cookies listed above under the section “How We May Collect or Receive Personal Data from You” we may collect information regarding your website usage, IP-address, browser type and operating system. Also, in order to process your online purchases, we may collect your payment information and information relating to your product preferences and purchasing behavior.
In addition, through the communications channels made available on the Website’s “Contact Us” webpage, we may collect your contact details, such as your name, email address, address, telephone number and fax number. You may also voluntarily provide other data that is related to you in connection with your inquiries or comments. We encourage you, however, to provide no more personal data relating to you than is necessary in order for us to provide an appropriate response to your inquiries or comments.
How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
We use your personal data to (i) address your comments or inquiries; (ii) to process your online purchases, (iii) to bring you into contact with our Amway Business Owners, (iv) improve the Website, including to enhance user experience and (v) diagnose problems with our servers. If you choose not to provide your personal data, we may not be able to provide the above services.
If you are registering as a Customer
If you are registering as a customer we may collect the following personal data from you:
- Contact information (e.g. name, postal or e-mail address, fax number and phone number);
- Date of birth;
- Tax information to the extent required by applicable law;
- Payment information (e.g. bank account or credit card numbers);
- Product preferences, purchasing habits, purchasing history and spending behaviour;
- Communication preferences. We may collect other personal data in exceptional circumstances only.
If we need to process such personal data about you, we will make sure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so (e.g. your explicit consent).
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Manage your registration as a Customer;
- Create and manage your online account and respond to your inquiries;
- Process your orders of products or services;
- Communicate with you;
- Provide your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address to your ABO;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
If you choose not to provide your personal data, we may not be able to provide the above services.
How We May Share Personal Data
Amway does not sell, rent or trade your personal data. Amway may share your personal data only with:
- Entities within the Amway group to whom it is reasonably necessary or desirable for Amway to disclose personal data;
- Amway Business Owners, to allow communication regarding product advice, ordering advice, product information for the products that you order from Amway and the Amway Business Opportunity; and
- Government authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others or ourselves.
International Data Transfers
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
How Long We Retain Personal Data
We store personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the data (see above under “How We Use the Personal Data We Collect”), except if required otherwise by law.
Links to Other Websites
The Website may contain links to websites maintained by third parties, whose information and privacy practices are different than ours. We are not responsible or liable for the information or privacy practices employed by such third parties. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of all third party websites before using such websites or submitting any personal data or any other information on or through such websites.
Your rights under applicable law may include access to the personal data we process about you, the right to have such personal data corrected, erased or blocked, and the right to object to certain data processing activities. To exercise these rights, you should make a written request using our contact details set out below.
If you have any comments or inquiries about this Website Privacy Notice, if you would like to update information we have about you, or to exercise your rights, you may contact us by e-mail here. You can also write to: Amway i Norge, C/O Amway Danmark, Carl Gustavs Gade 3 (1. th.), 2630 Taastrup, Danmark.